Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [gil] Constructing view from locator
From: Sapp, Mark (Mark.Sapp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-16 17:05:22

Hi All

I realized the major performance issue was because I was building in
debug mode. I wasn't aware of the performance difference. It make sense
now that I know :). I'm not sure if that is documented somewhere but it
would be a good note at the beginning of the user guide.

>I'm not sure what 'fast enough' is, and without code samples it's hard
to say where a mistake might be made. Traversing the image in a
cache-friendly manner is >usually the way to improve performance, but
I'm not sure that such a small image has a truly cache-unfriendly
traversal.

Fast enough means I need to process 1080p60 video in realtime and
1080p120 video in near realtime. I don't have specific performance
metrics of the code I've written yet, as I'm still working things out,
but I will keep you posted if interested.

>Subimage views are usually pretty simple -- does the usage example in
the following explain it?
>http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_44_0/libs/gil/doc/html/giltutorial.html
#OneDIteratorsSec

This specific code example was very helpful, I missed it when searching
the online documentation to answer this question.

I have some other unrelated [brief] questions I will send in a new
thread.

Thanks,
Mark
Notice: This e-mail is intended solely for use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, company confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader is not the intended
recipient or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If this communication has been transmitted from a U.S. location it may
also contain data subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or U.S. Export
Administration Regulations and cannot be disseminated, distributed or copied to foreign
nationals, residing in the U.S. or abroad, without the prior approval of the U.S. Department
of State or appropriate export licensing authority. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail or collect telephone call and delete or
destroy all copies of this e-mail message, any physical copies made of this e-mail message
and/or any file attachment(s).