Subject: Re: [Boost-users] has_binary_operator.hpp error
From: Lothar (lothar.imap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-17 16:32:12

Hi,

Panagiotis Foteinos writes:

> Hello list.
>
> I just upgraded my system to the newest version of boost, i.e.,
> 1.48.0. Boost compiled just fine.
>
> However, I recompile my applications (that link to boost) and I get
> the following error:

> usr/local/include/boost/type_traits/detail/has_binary_operator.hp:50:
> Parse error at "BOOST_JOIN"
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> Panagiotis Foteinos

I could reproduce this. It occurs when building CGAL 3.8. It is not a compiler
error, instead it is an error of Qt generating the moc-file (the "moc" program
of Qt). For some reason, boost is included in this file where moc is run. As you
see the last step is

[ 29%] Generating __/__/include/CGAL/Qt/moc_GraphicsItem.cxx

which is not a compiler step.

I suppose that this either needs a fix in CGAL, or in Qt in the moc generator.
However, I don't know a quick fix for this...

Regards,
Lothar