Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost 1.48.0 Release Notice
From: Andrew Holden (aholden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-18 10:30:51

On Thursday, November 17, 2011 8:38 PM, Tom Kent wrote:
> So I'm still a bit confused.  Does something actually
> need to be built along with boost, or at the bz2 and
> zlib stuff things that can be added in later?
>
> If something needs to be built into boost, I could
> probably do that (I don't currently for MPI, but this
> sounds more generally useful).  However, if this is
> just a matter of throwing windows binaries for bz2 and
> zlib in with a bunch of boost libraries, that doesn't
> seem right.  Is there any documentation on this? I
> glanced around a bit but didn't see much.
>
> Tom

My method is to download the source tarballs for zlib and bzip2, and then decompress them, but not build them.

I then build boost with the following options on the bjam command line (assuming I decompressed them to the "C:\boost_aux" directory):

-sZLIB_SOURCE="C:\boost_aux\zlib-1.2.5" -sBZIP2_SOURCE="C:\boost_aux\bzip2-1.0.6"