Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Locale build missing usage-requirements
From: Artyom Beilis (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-18 11:11:07

--- On Fri, 11/18/11, Alexey Badyaev <leemouse_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> From: Alexey Badyaev <leemouse_at_[hidden]>
>
> and user of
> library must define symbol BOOST_LOCALE_DYN_LINK=1 in own
> project....

Yes...

Unless you integrate the full Boost tree into your project
and use it directly. Which I don't see any specific reason
to do.

I'll review and consider adding if this **is** common and
practice for boost libraries.

> I wrote email to author of library (Artyom Beilis), but he
> reject my
> proposal of add usage-requirements to lib target.

I had seen your note about useage-requirements besides
and I have not responded you due the lack of time.

And now you write (quoting):

> he reject my proposal of add usage-requirements to lib target.

This is not only **incorrect**, it is also disrespectful to
behave like this and appeal to Boost community just because
you had not received an answer from me withing _1_ (one) day.

> May anybody with right-access to boost repository fix
> this???

Now...

I can tell you one thing. Do you really expect me to
help you to resolve your problems after you behave this way?

I'll get to check your proposal when I'll have enough time
to study the issue (among other things I need to do)
and I'll see if it is required. Meanwhile, patch your own code...

In any case, as you told me you use Boost-Trunk, so this
would not be a problem for you...

Artyom Beilis
CppCMS - C++ Web Framework: http://cppcms.sf.net/
CppDB - C++ SQL Connectivity: http://cppcms.sf.net/sql/cppdb/