Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building Boost 1.48 using Intel compiler
From: Kim Gadecki (Gadecki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-19 15:48:15

On 11/19/2011 12:11 AM, Sergiu Dotenco wrote:
> Am 18.11.2011 16:31, schrieb Lars Viklund:

>>> It works for me if I setup the environment variables first by executing
>>> iclvars.bat. After that bjam toolset=intel can be used to compile Boost
>>> without additional settings.
>>
>> I've always had to run the build from the Intel command prompt, as the
>> build process relies on having things in the path. Manually invoking the
>> environment variable batches may work if you find the right incantation,
>> but I find it easier to just use the "right" prompt.
>
> Using the IA-32 command prompt in Visual Studio 2010 mode I get the
>
> '/lib' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file
>
> error while running bjam and Windows wants me to choose an application
> I can open *.obj.rsp files with for every compilation unit.
I was able to get the libs built using schrieb's advice and executing
the bjam commands from the same prompt. Might be of note to anyone else
trying to build the libraries that it builds the 64bit versions by
default even if you're running from the ia32 version prompt, so if you
want to build the 32bit version use "address-model=32". Thanks for your
help everyone.