Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost MPI: unsupported functions & support on super computers ?
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-21 18:08:40

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 06:28:43PM +0000, Avi Bahra wrote:
> o In the boost MPI documentation it appears that many MPI
> functions are not supported (MPI_Bsend,etc).
> If I need this capability then does this mean I should not
> use boost MPI ? (or is there still a back door way
> of calling with the C API instead ? )

Boost.MPI builds upon your native MPI implementation and offers some
high-level functionality like sending serializable data structures,
skeleton/body sends/recieves, and things along those lines.

It in no way replaces the underlying MPI API, it just augments it.

If you need to call a particular regular MPI function, just call it like
you would normally do.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]