Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Sandbox - endian] Why is endian still in sandbox?
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-30 08:49:41

On Nov 30, 2011, at 1:17 AM, Nathaniel J Fries wrote:

> A fairly novel (at least when put up against more intricate labours like asio, filesystem, and their like) project which appears to be finished and would be a very useful companion to existing libraries sits in the sandbox. Is there a reason for this?

The Boost.Endian library was reviewed and conditionally accepted on November 3rd of this year.
See http://lists.boost.org/boost-announce/2011/11/0336.php for the review results.

Even if the acceptance was unconditional (which it was not; there are a couple of things that Beman needs to change first), that would have been too late for inclusion in the 1.48 release.

I'm hoping that it will be in the 1.49 release, though.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki