Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Subversion repository not accessible as anonymous
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-01 09:55:05

On Dec 1, 2011, at 1:16 AM, Marko Lindqvist wrote:

> http://www.boost.org/users/download/#repository says that "Anonymous,
> read-only access to the Boost Subversion repository is available at
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost." My attempts to make checkout results
> in svn prompting for credentials. Seems like misconfiguration to me.

Just created a new user on my box (so it wouldn't use any existing credentials and tried it):

$ svn ls http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost
branches/
empty/
sandbox/
sandbox-branches/
sandbox-tags/
svnmanager/
tags/
trunk/
website/

$ svn co http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/more
A more/blanket-permission.txt
A more/getting_started
A more/getting_started/unix-variants.rst
A more/getting_started/windows.rst
A more/getting_started/detail
A more/getting_started/detail/common-unix.rst
[ snippage ]
Checked out revision 75761.

If you use https instead of http, you _will_ be asked for credentials.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki