Subject: [Boost-users] [thread] Reducing the number of open tickets.
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-03 12:23:28

Hi,

I have committed the following tickets in trunk.

Fixed Bugs:

* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2639 #2639] documentation
should be extended(defer_lock, try_to_lock, ...).
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3762 #3762] Thread can't be
compiled with winscw (Codewarrior by Nokia).
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3885 #3885] document about
mix usage of boost.thread and native thread api.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3975 #3975] Incorrect
precondition for promise::set_wait_callback().
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4480 #4480] OpenVMS patches
for compiler issues workarounds.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4819 #4819] boost.thread's
documentation misprints.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5423 #5423] thread issues
with C++0x.
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5739 #5739] set-but-not-used
warnings with gcc-4.6
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6168 #6168] recursive_mutex
is using wrong config symbol (possible typo).
* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6200 #6200] patch to have
condition_variable and mutex error better handle EINTR.

These are tickets with a simple solution or that had associated a
complete patch or a clear solution. Anthony I would prefer that you do
the merge so that you can check what goes on the release version. I have
not closed the tickets. These tickets have just release 1.49 as
Milestone. Please, close them when you merge to release.

There were 113 tickets two days ago. There are now 114 tickets
associated to Boost.Thread. I have closed some duplicates, but some news
tickets have been created since. I would like to reduce by 10% the
number of tickets every month. I encourage the Boost users that have
created tickets for Boost to provide a clear an complete patch when
possible so that we can reduce together the number of tickets associated
to this Boost library and make it more portable/usable. Don't forget to
provide tests that make evident the bug, or to add doc when you are
proposing a anew feature.

There are a lot of tickets associated to move semantics emulation. I
have created a ticket to adapt Boost.Thread to Boost.Move hoping most of
these bugs will be solved. As posted in another thread there is already
a patch using Boost.Move that could be a good starting point. Of course
the help offered by Ion will be too much appreciated.

I have created another to adapt the interface to Boost.Chrono, but I
will prefer to take care of this once the one for Boost.Move adaptation
is committed, as the chance of collisions is big.

On the mean time I will continue with some tickets specific to Windows
platform.

Best,
Vicente