Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [thread] - install - libraries not referencing?
From: floobit (floobit_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-07 14:16:53

> Try
>
> g++ boosttest1.c -o boosttest1 -lboost_thread
>
> If you get more undefined references, try appending
> -lboost_system and/or -lpthread.
>
> Thanks. The first extra argument solved the compilation issue, but I now
get unexpected output (adding the suggested extra arguments does not help
this). In particular, it seems that the second thread is not starting up,
as I only get output from the main thread. The book says I should get a
random interleaving of the lines outputted by each thread. My code:

void fxn1(){
  for (int i=0; i<10; ++i){
    cout << i << ") Do something in parallel with main method." << endl;
    boost::this_thread::yield();
  }}

int main(){
boost::thread t(&fxn1);
  for (int i=0;i<10; i++){
    cout << i << ". Do something in main method." << endl;
  }
  return 0;
}

Thanks so much.