Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [interprocess] atomic_write32
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-09 13:15:18

El 09/12/2011 11:51, Tim Blechmann escribió:
> btw, helge was planning to provide a separate implementation of boost.atomic for
> interprocess, because his blocking emulation of atomics depends on a per-process
> spinlock pool.

Ok, for Interprocess internal purposes I just need 32 bit integer
atomics (maybe 64 bit ones for 64 bit platforms), and I think every
platform compatible with Interprocess (UNIX and Windows) will support
them without spinlocks.

I guess the solution for interprocess would be to use a spinlock per
atomic variable, making sizeof(T) != sizeof(atomic<T>). I'm just
thinking about ABI issues.

Best,

Ion