Subject: Re: [Boost-users] challange to MPL gurus
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-13 01:28:18

On 12/12/2011 8:49 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> I was really bothered with the idea that the template specialization
> would work outside the class but not in it - as you were.

You're allowed to *partially* specialize a nested class template within
the outer class. But full specialization of a nested class template must
be done outside the outer class. I don't know the reason for this, and I
don't have a reference, sorry. It's one of those bits of C++ arcana that
I have squirreled away in my brain. Wish I could get those brain cells back.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing