Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Did he misunderstand you?
From: John Wiegley (johnw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-19 17:52:36

> I'm new to the Boost libraries and becoming reacquainted with C++ after many
> years of using other languages. As recommended in section 5.1 of the
> "Getting Started on Windows", I visited the BoostPro website to find a
> Windows 7 installer for v1.48.0 to use with VS C++ 2010. In response to a
> followup message to BoostPro sales about the lack of an installer for the
> latest version, I was told:

>> "We don't have an installer at this time, and we are shortly about to
>> remove that section from our website.  The Boost build instructions can be
>> found here ..."

> Will there be no more Windows binary installers for the libraries or did I
> misunderstand?

Hi Wayne,

What BoostPro does not have for 1.48 -- and has never made free to the public
for any version -- are 64-bit installers for Windows. That was a paid service
which we are now discontinuing. We may choose to make 64-bit installers
freely available, time permitting, but we haven't finalized that decision yet.
It's a bit of work to provide that service, and our plates have been overfull
with paying work recently.

--
  John Wiegley
  BoostPro Computing