Subject: [Boost-users] Please help me to choose a container
From: Jayden Shui (jayden.shui_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-20 16:42:23

Hi All,

I have a number of named objects of type B whose name can be accessed by
B::Name(). B is polymorphic. D1, D2 and so on are derived from B. I want to
put them in a set or map-like container ordered by their names. They are
referenced by other objects, such as of type C. If the objects in the
container are changed by its type (from type D1 to D2) or value, their
users can know it automatically, i.e. those information is shared among
owners and users. To erase an object in the container, first we need to
ensure it is not be used by other objects.

Please help me on choose a proper container with smart pointers. I am
struggling with it by trying multi-index-container, pointer container,
standard container, and cannot find a good way.

Thanks a lot ! !

Best regards,

Jayden