Subject: [Boost-users] A* heuristic
From: giridhar (giridharms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-21 14:53:16

Hello All,

      I have a question about defining A* heuristic. I am trying to
implement an algorithm in a paper using BGL. Here authors have used A*
Dijkstra's to calculate shortest route with an additional constraint of
route length should be no longer than a threshold value t.

I think due to this threshold constraint they are using A* instead of
normal Dijkstra's algorithm.

I came to know A* is already there in Boost Graph Library. I just have a
basic knowledge about A* algorithm that it finds the shortest route based
on the heuristic H.

I tried to look into the example in BGL, but I did not get any hint to
define a heuristic. Can anybody give me some hints or some useful links of
how can I define a heuristic for this particular scenario of finding the
shortest path between nodes that is no longer than threshold t through A*
Dijkstra. This would be really helpful for me to proceed further.

--
Regards,
Giridhar