Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using boost::uuids::uuid as a map index
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-22 12:49:20

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 18:12, Andy Tompkins <atompkins_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Correct, boost::uuids::uuid is copyable, it is a POD.
>

> It can be used as the key in an std::map. I have created a simple test
> for this and checked it into trunk (
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/uuid/test/test_uuid_in_map.cpp).
> It passes. I have also attached the file.

Ok that's what I thought at the time.

> I'm not sure where the problem is with your code. Could you provide a
> more complete example?

I think my case was a mix of different library values not playing well
together so in the end I used the only type commonly used in both
libraries, and it was std::string.

So I think it was not directly a problem with uuid. My memory is not clear
on the exact problem, sorry.

Joël Lamotte