Subject: [Boost-users] boost::interprocess::string
From: Josmon Paul (josmon.paul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-28 04:28:59

Hi All
           Is there any way to increase the size of boost::interprocess::string greater than 10. In my code currently i am using a vector to store the object and dumbing this vector into shared shared memory. The object inturn contain various field and it has string type of data with it. Currently i am defining the string as  as "boost::interprocess::string "and setting to the object field. But when i am fetching it is giving segmentation fault for string size more than 10 due to the limitation of boost::interprocess string . Is there any other type of string which can be replaced with boost::interprocess::string. I cant use basic_string because i think it is suited if we are adding only string type of data to the vector list (i am guessing) .

Josmon Paul

Mailto: josmon.paul@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty. IT Services