Subject: [Boost-users] [Build] getting Started - library naming.
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-04 06:12:57

Morning All,

So, I've followed the Getting Started guide pretty faithfully I think;
specifically on
Fedora 13, Gcc 4.4.5 I've used...

$ cd path/to/boost_1_48_0
$ ./bootstrap.sh --prefix=path/to/installation/prefix --show-libraries
$ ./b2 install --prefix=path/to/installation/prefix

That all seems to have worked Ok, and I have source and libraries in the
appropriate prefix.

Then I come to section 6, and in particular section 6.1, which talks about
library
naming. My libraries don't appear to be named according to this structure.
Taking,
for example, Boost.Regex I have

libboost_regex.a
libboost_regex.so
libboost_regex.so.1.48.0

with no mention of toolsets or ABI tags. Does all the naming stuff only
apply if you
haven't used the host's default/native toolset?

Thx,

- Rob.