Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] Finding the descriptor for a given vertex
From: Jens Müller (blog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-05 17:50:34

Am 05.01.2012 14:42, schrieb Jeremiah Willcock:

>> I wonder whether a special graph type might be sufficient/desired here?
>>
>> E.g., one might want to never re-use descriptors of deleted
>> vertices/edges even by mistake.
>
> Yes, a special graph type is probably what would be needed; that would
> also allow vertices and edges to be deleted by just hiding them,
> avoiding invalidation of other descriptors (which makes working with
> graphs that are mutated very difficult in BGL now).

I think we think of two different things:

My idea was a graph class that breaks immediately as soon something
happens that is undefined behavior. E.g., one could put a version number
in descriptors to be able to tell that they have become invalid.

You in contrast want to ease some of these restrictions to make the
graph easier to use.

  -- Jens