Subject: [Boost-users] [boost.build] packaging with dependencies symbolic links
From: Christophe Bourez (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-09 04:47:41

Hi,

I have an executable project depending on other 3rd libraries
(log4cplus, libxml2 ...). For each of these 3rd libraries, we recreate
the missing Jamroot file. The executable is built (g++ under linux)
with <link>shared property. When packaging, no symlinks to 3rd
libraries are generated. Investigating boost.build, I found the
property <install-no-version-symlinks> (Its default and unique value is
'on'). Is it related? If yes, may I workaround it?

How can I package my executable with symlinks to 3rd library ?

Thank you,

Christophe