Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Range] Range adaptors and compatibility with non-adapted iterators
From: John M. Dlugosz (mpbecey7gu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-11 20:59:15

On 1/11/2012 4:11 AM, Szymon Gatner wrote:
> Adapted iterators have base() method that returns underlying iterator. For every
> level of adaptation just call base() on resulting iterator to get to
> the base one.

That is exactly what I needed, thanks.

Perhaps someone could update the documentation? I'm not set up at all for Boost
development or submitting patches.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_47_0/libs/range/doc/html/range/reference/adaptors/general_requirements.html

1. Applying operator|() to a range R (always left argument) and a range adapter RA (always
right argument) yields a new range type which may not conform to the same range concept as R.

2. The return-type of operator|() is otherwise unspecified.

” ==> The return type … has a member function called base() …