Subject: [Boost-users] boost::interprocess and synchronization
From: Juan Ramírez (juanantonio.ram_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-13 13:31:26

Hi,

I've been working a lot with interprocess communication, but using
plain windows API.

Now I'm thinking about changing the implementation to
boost::interprocess, but a simple question arises:

   Does boost::interprocess provide any kind of synchronization?

On past projects I used to create a global mutex and an avent (or
semaphore) object, the global mutex makes sure that only one process
is writing at the same time, and the event indicates that there is new
data to read..

Does boost:.interprocess provide those objects under the hood or I
have to use my own named mutex and conditions?

Thanks a lot :)

Saludos!
     Juan