Subject: [Boost-users] boost::interprocess::detail::managed_open_or_create_impl::priv_open_or_create function
From: Raghu Gyambavantha (raghu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-16 16:29:54

Boost-ers,

When I try to allocate more elements from a managed shared memory segment
than allowed, I don't seem to be getting an error from the boost library.
It looks like the reason for it is because the call to "construct_func"
from "priv_open_or_create" in
"boost::interprocess::detail::managed_open_or_create_impl" returns
true/false, but that return value is never checked. I saw this error with
boost versrion 1.43.0, but that specific portion of the code doesn't seem
to have changed even in 1.48.0.

>From the looks of it, it seems like the construct_func should throw instead
of returning, but in 1.43.0, it is returning a value. Should the return
value be check and appropriate action be taken here or am I missing
something.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Raghu