Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [units] Question about user-defined value types
From: W Z (zwt2002_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-22 08:17:53

The rational type right now has a numerator and a denominator, both are long type. I would like to support operations with rational numbers only to keep the number representation precise, so no double types should be involved.
I first tried to get scaled units working with rational numbers. However, make_scaled_units takes in a scale and then internally returns a double value as a scale. I then wrote my own scale class but it's only partially working (conversion works one way only). It just seems like boost.units has a lot of places internally that use double as scale factors and conversion factors, and I'm looking for a cleaner way to make units library support rational numbers without re-writing a lot of code. Any idea would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,Wenting