Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost filesystem
From: Joshua Boyce (raptorfactor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-26 03:19:42

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Christopher <cpisz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> So, I conceded that, in order to actually stream unicode to file, I'd have
> read and write it as bytes, and insert the BOM myself. It would seem, that
> for
> the time being, "There is no standard C++ or Microsoft way to stream
> unicode
> to file" (without some nuances).
>
> This is all what I gleamed through my debugging woes with unicode. I could
> be
> wrong.

Have you tried Boost.Locale? I'm using it for UTF-8 in my Windows
application and file output seems to be working fine (obviously you have to
imbue the fstream with the locale provided by the library). I output text
to a file (Greek, Russian, and Arabic, 3 lines, all in the same file), and
then opened it in UltraEdit, which correctly opened it as a UTF-8 encoded
file...

Disclaimer: I am by no means an i18n/l10n expert so what I'm saying may be
totally stupid and wrong.