Subject: [Boost-users] boost with arm-none-eabi
From: Artur Stêpniak (aart.st_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-28 17:09:49

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a program with boost for my Cortex M3 based board. I
don't run any OS in there. Is it possible to build program with boost on
such board?

My problem is that boost seems like to consume all the memory. The program
builds without boost but after including shared_ptr.hpp I get
error: section `.text' will not fit in region `rom'.

I try to run configure script for boost: sh ./configure --host=arm but then
I get arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lrt. Since this library supports
POSIX, then I'm afraid it's impossible to compile programs with boost with
no-OS systems. But maybe there's a switch that enables it?

Thanks in advance, best regards,
Artur Stepniak