Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Container][Interprocess] Can't use map with incomplete type and interprocess allocator
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-07 17:03:20

El 07/02/2012 20:12, Jensen, Erik A escribió:
> The following code gives me a compiler error on Visual Studio 2010 with
> both Boost 1.48 and 1.49beta1:

There is no guarantee that you can build containers of incomplete types
with any allocator type. The allocator might need to instantiate the
type (say, because it uses sizeof(T) to calculate some compile-time
internal static constants).

Nevertheless, I would like to see if this is possible for
Boost.Container and some basic Boost.Interprocess allocators. Can you
please fill a bug on the track so that this issue is not forgotten?

Best,

Ion