Subject: [Boost-users] Linking errors
From: Abdo Haji-Ali (abdo.haji.ali_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-08 12:28:16

Hello,

I downloaded and compiled boost successfully by calling b2 (version
1.47 for various reasons)
Then I tried compiling my program (which uses both Boost.MPI and
Boost.Serialization) using

mpic++ -I/home/abdo/boost/ -L/home/abdo/boost/stage/lib/
-lboost_serialization -lboost_mpi main.cpp

But I keep getting linking errors in boost, for example:
undefined reference to `boost::mpi::communicator::size() const'
undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::archive::detail::basic_oserialize

I have openmpi installed and I'm able to run simple non-boost OpenMPI programs.
I'm also sure that the libraries in my stage library are the ones
used, since if I remove the -L argument
the compiler complains about -lboost_mpi and -lboost_serialization

Is there something I'm missing here?

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10

--
Abdo Haji-Ali