Subject: [Boost-users] Using boost::asio with thousands of concurrent connections
From: Gheorghe Marinca (gheorghe.marinca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-09 14:04:31

Hi,

I started to use boost::asio some time ago and want to use it for a windows
commercial product that does web filtering and handles thousands of
connections concurrently (proxy based product)

I am wandering if anybody had experience using it at such a large scale,
where besides handling many connections you have to handle inside a
connection communication with databases, things that potentially incur
delaying handling of subsequent requests. What kind of configuration would
you advise in such a case (multiple I/O services per n threads, on IO
service that handles all incoming connections and a thread pool that
handles processing of async handlers - how one would assure in this case a
connections is handled in the same thread then ..etc)

Thanks for any input
-Ghira