Subject: [Boost-users] MSVC static linking with Boost
From: Andy Falanga (afalanga) (afalanga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-14 10:18:37

Hi,

The team I work with is working on producing a Boost.Python library. Most of the Boost stuff we're using are header only, however, there is a couple of compiled library usages as well (e.g. regex). How can we make certain that the library we're building is statically linked with the stuff we're using from Boost? This way, we don't have to deploy any other DLLs but our own. I've gathered, from Google and another post here, that most of this magic happens at compile time with auto-linking. However, this isn't going all the way. I continually see Intellisense errors in my Visual Studio output window telling me that mixing static and dynamic Boost libraries is a bad idea (or something similar).

So, for Visual Studio 2010, how do I ensure that the libraries are statically linked into our own product?

Thanks,
Andy