Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Can boost be compiled on WinCE?
From: Luke Walker (luke_walker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-16 15:21:00

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 01:26:28 -0500
From: sbaker_at_[hidden]
To: boost-users_at_[hidden]

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Luke Walker <luke_walker_at_[hidden]> wrote:

My questions are: Can these 4 libraries be compiled and used on WinCE? I'm not seeking a theoretical answer but rather "Has this been accomplished?".

I was looking into compiling Boost on WinCE about 3 years ago. The conclusion I came to was that I would need to use STLPort to have any hope of doing this which wasn't really an available option for me at the time. I'm sorry - I know that is not as concrete an answer as you are looking for, but it's the best I have to offer.

As an aside, something that did build for me (although I didn't use it) was ACE and I think I even built POCO for WinCE. These are not a substitute for Boost, but I thought I'd mention it in case it would be helpful to you.

Shane
Thanks Shane. All of my attempts have failed and I'm using STLport. I CAN get boost::system compiling but that is only a single file. :-)
It would be great to hear from anyone else that has/is attempted/attempting this.
Regards