Subject: Re: [Boost-users] undefined reference to '__sync_add_and_fetch_4'whencross-compiling boost::asio fors mips
From: Jayne (jayne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-22 08:08:17

 Hello Andreas,

 Thanks for the help. I have eventually managed! In short I...

 - defined BOOST_ASIO_DISABLE_THREADS both while building Boost, and in
the application which used it
 - implemented the atomic primitives using code from the gcc headers

 All working now!

 thanks,

 Jayne.

 On Fri 17/02/12 12:37 , "Andreas Wehrmann" a.wehrmann_at_[hidden]
sent:

 Alright, I looked into how I did when I faced the problem
 (my previous reply was a fast shot).

 I put the following #defines in the user config header
 (boost/config/user.hpp):

 #define BOOST_ASIO_DISABLE_FENCED_BLOCK
 #define BOOST_SP_USE_SPINLOCK

 This did the trick for me.
 From what I recall, the problem lies with shared_ptr since
 the implementation tries to use gcc builtins for the locking mechanism
 it needs for refcounting but which are not implemented on every platform
 (in my case it was Coldfire/m68k).

 Regards

 --
 Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Andreas Wehrmann