Subject: [Boost-users] regex: link issue on Visual Studio 11 (v17) x64
From: Oleg Smolsky (oleg.smolsky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-01 12:38:52

Hey there, I've just built Boost 1.49 with Visual Studio 11 (cl.exe v17) and that worked (bjam knows about the compiler version already). I do get a linking issue though when using regex in a debug/x64 (static boost, static run-time) build:

unresolved external symbol "private: class boost::basic_regex<wchar_t,........
unresolved external symbol "public: bool __cdecl boost::re_detail::perl_matcher<wchar_t const *,
unresolved external symbol "private: void __cdecl boost::re_detail::perl_matcher<wchar_t const *,

The issue surfaces when calling boost::regex_match() with a boost::wregex expression.

Here are some debugging notes:
It seems the issue is not related to ICU... I am guessing regex speaks unicode using a specific Windows backend, but I am lost here. Could someone help debugging this please?

Thanks in advance,
Oleg.