Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Graph: writing graph properties to graphml file
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-01 18:13:30

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012, Juerg Tschirren wrote:

> I wrote the code below to construct a directed graph with internal properties (for vertices, edges, and the graph itself) and write everything to a graphml file. The code
> compiles and works as it is, but my two questions are:
>
> 1. What dynamic property do I have to add to write the graph properties out to the graphml file as well? So far I could only figure out how to write vertex and edge
> properties.

You should be able to add a graph property like in the following code
(from libs/graph/test/graphviz_test.cpp):

boost::ref_property_map<graph_t*,std::string> gname(
   get_property(graph,graph_name));
dp.property("name",gname);

> 2. Does everything else look good? Specifically, is it O.K. to define the properties the way I did in the first typedef line (without using boost::property<>), and is it
> O.K. to access the properties the way I do it?

It will work, but a better way would be to use boost::property or a class
containing your string which you can then access using g[v].mem or
g[e].mem.

-- Jeremiah Willcock