Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Is there a self contained vector-like container?
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-01 18:32:05

On 1 March 2012 16:55, Frank Birbacher <bloodymir.crap_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Right, and in such places the size of the size member is usually
> irrelevant. Anyway it would not hurt to statically select the size
> member type by the max size template parameter in order to cover a use
> case like mine.

Note: I'm not against it in the implementation (I've done this kind of
thing myself); only in the interface. My only concern is the performance
cost for typical uses.

The feature I suggested to Marshall that I would like to see is a way to
default initialize elements (normally unspecified elements should be value
initialized so as to match the other containers) for construction, resize,
push_back, emplace_back, insert, etc.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404