Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Graph Structural Information
From: Nouf M. (noufmks_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-05 06:32:48

 Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply...

The two graphs models social networks:

Graph 1: vertices are Authors and edges represent the co-author
relationship between two authors.

Graph 2: vertices are Concepts and edges represent concept-concept
relationship between two concepts (i.e. if two concepts occurred together
in a document then there is an edge between two concepts).

Both vertices and edges have weights (in both graphs)…

Both graphs have millions of nodes and edges. My work involves finding a
subgraph that best describes the connection between two given vertices.

I want to choose the graph that best represents the real world. i.e. its
structural characteristics is similar to the structural characteristics of
the majority of real world graph. e.g. the degree distribution is similar
to the degree distribution of real graphs...

 In my readings, I found that real-world Social graphs are usually well
connected and have a short average path length and have exceptionally large
clustering coefficients.

Can Boost find these things for me? Is th?ere any other measures to choose
a graph that best represents real world graphs

Best regards,
Nouf