Subject: [Boost-users] Clang error with GIL: make_step_iterator invisible to locator.hpp
From: Tom Vercauteren (tom.vercauteren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-05 08:35:53

Hi all,

I am trying to compile with clang (svn version) a project that uses Boost GIL
(1.49) (among other things). Currently it fails to compile and issues the
following message:

boost/gil/locator.hpp:267:14: error: call to function 'make_step_iterator' that
is neither visible in the template definition nor found by argument-dependent
lookup

Loking at the code of locator.hpp, I indeed see the call to make_step_iterator
but no include of step_iterator.hpp where make_step_iterator is defined.

Replacing
#include "pixel_iterator.hpp"
by
#include "step_iterator.hpp"
at line 28 of locator.hpp seems to fix my issue with clang.

What's a bit strange to me is that the same code compiles fine with gcc 4.5. Am I
hitting a GIL bug, a clang bug or am I wrongly calling GIL? I haven't written a
small self-contained test code yet but will try to do so in case the answer to my
question isn't obvious.

Best,
Tom