Subject: [Boost-users] [Filesystem] Need to provide filesystem and system libraries to link
From: Steve Smith (sfpiano_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-06 15:39:31

Hello,

I'm upgrading my code from 1.42 to 1.49. Eventually I will upgrade from
filesystem v2 to v3, but for now I'm stuck using v2. I noticed during my
recompilation that code using filesystem no longer compiles unless I
specify both the -lboost_filesystem and -lboost_system linker arguments;
previously I only had to provide the -lboost_filesystem argument. I'm using
g++ 4.6.2 on rhel6. I verified this by attempting to compile the file_size
example that comes with boost. I was wondering if this is a necessary
change due to the differences between 1.42 and 1.49 or if I'm doing
something incorrectly.

Thanks.