Subject: [Boost-users] [wave] dependency tracking #include
From: Brian Budge (brian.budge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-07 12:27:40

Hi all -

Image that I might be a masochist, and want to write my own
cross-platform build system. I'd want to track dependencies and only
rebuild the object files that have modified dependencies. Of course,
I could write my own header parser, and manually track #defines and
#includes and follow files, etc... but my thought was that a
preprocessor already does all of this work. How hard would it be to
tap wave for this kind of information? Am I barking up the wrong
tree? Is there some other solution that would be better?

Thanks,
  Brian