Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost Asio - VxWorks
From: Geoff Shapiro (gshapiro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-12 14:08:16

Julien PONNOU <dark_khan44 <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello,I'm trying to compile Boost Asio under VxWorks OS, with GNU compiler,
> without any success. Right now, I've setted up a new project with Workbench
>3.3, and included the <boost/asio.hpp> library. As a result, I got a tone of
>errors because many files it is including doesn't exist. Actually, it is
>trying to include Linux's files such as /sys/poll.h and /sys/uio.h. These
>files don't exist in VxWorks.Does somebody already compiled it under VxWorks>

Julien,

You might try emailing Chris Kolhoff, the asio developer. He and I worked on
asio to achieve VxWorks compatibility and the effort is probably 90% of the way
complete. Unfortunately, company schedules and priorities being what they are,
the work was preempted by other projects and I have not been able to get back to
completing this with Chris. However, soon this may change...

Meanwhile, it would be great to have another VxWorks user to also work with
Chris on this and to verify the changes in the VxWorks environment. What version
of the o/s are you using (we are on 6.8)?

Chris may be reached at: chris <at> kohlhoff <dot> com

Geoff Shapiro