Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Range] and [MemberFunction]
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-13 11:37:46

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Ovanes Markarian <om_boost_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Robert Jones <robertgbjones_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Ovanes Markarian <om_boost_at_[hidden]
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> What about Boost.Foreach???
>>> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_49_0/doc/html/foreach.html
>>>

>> I can see how that addresses the 'for_each' examples, though it sidesteps
>> a bit, but not
>> the filtered and transformed issues, which is the real deal for me.
>>
>> Thx, R.
>>
> Boost offers filter and transform iterators, which can be put into the
> range ;)
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_49_0/libs/iterator/doc/index.html

Indeed, however if I read it right filter_iterator requires a predicate,
just as boost.adaptors.filtered does,
and the construction of the predicate from a method requires the explicit
use of bind, or mem_fn, whereas
I'd hoped to see a facility offering an overload that accepts a
pointer-to-member directly.

Thx, R.