Subject: [Boost-users] boost error
From: Pervez, Salman (Salman.Pervez_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-13 19:16:02

Hi everyone, I am trying to do a source build for qpid 0.14. I am running into a boost dependency error which I am unable to solve. Here is the error...

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[2]: *** [libqpidcommon.la] Error 1

I also built boost from source so its no surprise that it cannot find the required file in /usr/bin/ld. Perhaps there is a way to tell it where to find boost? I passed the location of my boost build to the configure script through a CPPFLAG which helps it find the hpp files but perhaps not this one.

I realize the error output is limited but I also didn't want to mess everything up with meaningless output. If you require more info I'll be happy to post the rest of the output along with the error message.

I'll appreciate any input on this. Thanks!

Salman

CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY NOTICE

The contents of this message and any attachments may be confidential and proprietary and also may be covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. This message is not intended to be used by, and should not be relied upon in any way, by any third party. If you are not an intended recipient, please inform the sender of the transmission error and delete this message immediately without reading, disseminating, distributing or copying the contents. Citadel makes no assurances that this e-mail and any attachments are free of viruses and other harmful code.