Subject: [Boost-users] [Interprocess] How to interrupt interprocess_condition::wait()?
From: wright_left (wright_left_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-22 17:06:15

I had a simple concurrent queue that was working fine shuffling data between
threads. Now I want to use it between processes. I switched out the
boost::condition_variable for a boost::interprocess::interprocess_condition.
The queue funcitons normally, except that I can't interrupt the thread
waiting on the queue. Previously I simply called boost::thread::interrupt()
and the thread would die (with the interrupt exception I assume). But
interprocess_condition::wait() doesn't seem to care about the interrupt.

Am I missing something? Do I need to use the interprocess_condition since
the queue is in shared memory? Or can I go back to using the
boost::condition_variable?