Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Statechart] Does Statechart require updating?
From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-24 14:15:59

Hi Dick

> I used Statechart quite a bit 3-5 years ago to great advantage. Having
> not used it since the adoption of C++11 and seeing only a few recent
> related mail items, I wonder if it can still be used “as-is” or is it
> going to require ‘adjustments’
> (e.g., from boost::threads to C++11 threads, etc.)? Any opinions,
> observations, search terms or guidelines would be greatly appreciated.

I probably don't have a comprehensive picture of all the differences between
C++98 and C++11. From what I understand, you should be able to use the
synchronous part of statechart as-is and I don't currently see much room for
C++11-specific improvements.

The asychronous part would obviously benefit from the threading support in
C++11 and I will look into migrating to C++11 primitives in the not too
distant future.

HTH & Regards,

Andreas