Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Crash in boost::thread::sleep(xt) (boost 1.42 on Windows 32 bit)
From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-27 04:56:18

Arno,

my comments are below.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Arno <arno.schaefer_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Ovanes,
>
> many thanks for that hint with the thread local storage, til now we didn't
> use it. I believe this is the thread_specifc_ptr stuff, isn't it?

Yes it is.

> Changing the compiler isn't so easy, because of some third party components
> what we haven't licensed now for VC10.

MS offers a free license: Visual C++ Express Edition.

> Do you read the comments from Neil, because he didn#T answer til now, do
> you now
> something about the fixed 'ODR violation' bug?

I don't know anything about this but, but open your executable/dll with
Depends (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) and see if there are some
symbols twice. Sure there will be a lot of symbols and you will need to
shrink your search ;)

Please also ensure that all your libs were properly re-compiled from clean
step.

> best regards
> Arno

Best Regards,