Subject: [Boost-users] [Boost] List of not header-only libraries (requiring linking).
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-14 05:04:03

Hi,

I was looking on the website about a list of the boost libraries that
require linking/ are not header only.

Is it correct that this list is what I'm looking for?

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/?view=filtered_autolink

If it is, then I think the name is misleading. Automatic linking happens
only with visual studio, right?
Also, autolink doesn't really mean anything in this context, so maybe
something like "Linking Required" would be better?

I also found the list I was looking for there:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_49_0/more/getting_started/windows.html
But I had to remember it was there to find it.
So I think that people wanting to know this don't go on this page first,
they will look at some filter in the library list pages instead.
Making it more clear would be helpful, in my opinion.

Joël Lamotte