Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [wserialization] serializing to a stringstream
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-28 22:19:52

Sean Farrow wrote:
> Hi:
> I'm using xml serialization and need to serialize to a string stream
> for encryption purposes.
> As I am using xml_woarchive, should I use wstringstream or just the
> normal stringstream? Does the wide version even exist? Essentially
> does the boost serialization library convert to narrow characters
> before serializing or not?
> Any help appreciated.
> Regards
> Sean.

The way to understand this is to remember that xml_woarchive uses a member
instance of std::iostream<T> to do the actual input output. So these
questions are not really about the serialization library, but rather of
the std::iostream<wchar_t> which is part of the standar library.

Of course this is not an answer, it's just a hint of where to look
for the answer.

Robert Ramey