Subject: [Boost-users] fatal error C1001 with VS2010, boost 1.49, and shared_ptr.hpp
From: Phillip Hellewell (sshock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-30 12:54:34

I'm upgrading to boost 1.49 and getting this fatal error while
compiling a source file that uses shared_ptr:

1>C:\mycomps\base\target\dependency\include\boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp(362):
fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
1> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1420)
1> To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the
program near the locations listed above.
1> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
1> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information

Line 362 of shared_ptr.hpp is:
    shared_ptr( shared_ptr<Y> && r, typename
boost::detail::sp_enable_if_convertible<Y,T>::type =
boost::detail::sp_empty() )

Looks like the compiler is crashing with an access violation; any
suggestions other than wait for a patch from Microsoft? I don't want
to have to disable features like BOOST_HAS_RVALUE_REFS or
BOOST_SP_NO_SP_CONVERTIBLE, but that may be my only choice :(

Thanks,
Phillip