Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Technical Question
From: Pravar (pravar.jawalkar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-07 09:39:40

You first need to build the libboost-system library on platform you are
working as it does not exist in pre-build.

Please have a look at link for various options needed to build any
particular boost lib on your platform,
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_46_1/more/getting_started/windows.html

Also, below article on building boost by Visual Studio,
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/11597/Building-Boost-libraries-for-Visual-Studio

I hope it helps !

Thanks,
Pravar

On 05/07/2012 02:44 PM, Erwin C. wrote:
> Hey Boost!
>
> I plan on using Boost for the first time for our school project during
> our third year. I am using Visual Studio 2010 (windows) as the only
> member in the project to use Boost with. I added the root of the boost
> folder as additional include directory which turns out to be the
> correct way for the includes to work.
>
> But when i build i get the following error.
>
> 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> 'libboost_system-vc100-mt-gd-1_49.lib'
>
> I searched thoroughly on google but i did not know what to do with the
> information...
>
> Kind Regards.
>
> Erwin

DISCLAIMER:

intended

for the named recipient(s) only.

It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its

this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the

opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.

distribution and / or publication of

this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is

strictly prohibited. If you have

immediately. .