Subject: [Boost-users] Interval Timers - Boost 1.49.0
From: asif saeed (asif.lse2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-11 03:29:44

Hi,

>From 1.49.0 release notes: "ASIO : Added a new class template
basic_waitable_timer based around the C++11 clock type requirements. It may
be used with the clocks from the C++11 <chrono> library facility or, if
those are not available, Boost.Chrono. The typedefs high_resolution_timer,
steady_timer and system_timer may be used to create timer objects for the
standard clock types".

I haven't yet looked into these facilities much - I only want to know if I
can use any one or more of these facilities to create a periodic interval
timer that could call my callback after every, say, 10 milliseconds. Has
this been incorporated? Someone in an earlier thread said that ASIO
deadline timer could be used but that doesn't work if system clock gets
modified by the code itself.

I look forward to receiving your feedback on this.

-Asif